This Week's Hot Headlines
Cheap State Fair tickets and belly-up restaurant top 5 most popular stories
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. How to get every discount imaginable at State Fair of Texas 2014. Smart fairgoers are on the hunt for any discounts or deals they can find to save a little cash at this year's State Fair of Texas, which kicks off September 26 at Fair Park. Luckily there is no shortage of bargains to be had.
2. Five best Dallas neighborhoods to buy a house right now. We were curious about the next hot neighborhoods — where the home prices are still affordable, the amenities are plentiful and the values are bound to go up. To find out, we asked local real estate experts.
3. Uptown Dallas misfit Belly & Trumpet shutters abruptly. Belly & Trumpet shut down abruptly over Labor Day weekend, as confirmed by a staffer at sister restaurant Oak. The spot got positive reviews for its fresh seafood and inventive spirit, with new items folded in regularly. But Uptown didn't seem to know what to do with a fine-dining spot — even one as laid back as B&T.
4. Family asks for help finding Plano woman missing since Labor Day weekend. No one has seen or heard from Christina Morris, 23, since around 3 am August 30, when she left a friend's apartment at the Shops of Legacy in Plano. Anyone with information on her disappearance or her possible whereabouts is asked to call the Plano Police Department at 972-424-5678.
5. Deep Ellum BBQ joint Pecan Lodge suffers fire in the smokehouse. Pecan Lodge sustained a small fire on August 31 in the smokehouse, and it was not the good kind of fire. But phew, it wasn't serious, and the restaurant noted for its fine brisket did not burn down.