Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Musicians and politicians unite for downtown Dallas festival and rally. Texas musicians are coming together with Texas Democratic politicians to play music and get out the vote at an event called the Buffalo Tree Festival, taking place at Main Street Garden in downtown Dallas on October 7.
2. The 10 most fantastic fall fêtes that no Dallas socialite should miss. From star-studded luncheons to extravagant galas, Dallas plays host to any and every kind of philanthropic fête this fall. They benefit the arts community, health initiatives, LGBTQ causes, and more. Here are 10 top events that every Dallas socialite should have on the calendar.
3. Bids start at $350K for this rare foreclosed mansion in Preston Hollow. A mansion in the center of posh Old Preston Hollow appraised at nearly $5.5 million is on the auction block, with an opening bid of $350,000. The home is at 9410 Alva Ct. at the corner of Deloache Ave., in one of Dallas' most celebrity-studded neighborhoods.
4. 6 dogs at Dallas animal shelter test positive for distemper virus. Dallas' animal shelter has discovered dogs in its care that have tested positive for canine distemper. According to a release from the city, Dallas Animal Services (DAS) confirmed that six dogs in the shelter tested positive for the contagious virus.
5. 7 fall social events every philanthropic Dallas young professional should pencil in. Stop everything and have Siri clear your calendar. It's time for Dallas young professionals to get the best philanthropic fêtes of fall on the books. These are seven favorite events every Dallas YP should plan to attend.