Who Doesn't Love a Bargain?
5 hot Dallas-Fort Worth deals that destroy State Fair of Texas discounts
Ordinarily, we'd be enjoying all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top five deals to check out this week.
- Bowl & Barrel: The boutique bowling alley in Dallas is offering teachers one free hour of bowling with proof of ID through September 30. Additionally, for every burger purchased through October 15, they will will match it and donate all of the burgers to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas.
- Corner Bakery: The fast-casual restaurant chain, which has 19 locations in Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate its two new menu items that feature plant-based Beyond Beef by offering 50 percent off either Beyond Meatball entrée from through September 27 at 15 of the 19 area locations. Additionally, guests can post a photo or video of them trying the new food on social media using the hashtag #beyondxcornerbakery for a chance to win some Beyond Meat swag and a $100 Corner Bakery gift card. One winner will be named each week for the next three weeks.
- Dillas Primo Quesadillas: The quesadilla-only chain, which has locations in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney, will celebrate National Quesadilla Day on September 25 by offering $5 regular size Gordo, Fluffy, or Hot Hatch quesadillas all day long (normally $6.95-$8.95). In addition, Dillas will donate one meal to Minnie’s Food Pantry for every Dilla purchased that day.
- Mexican Sugar: The Mexican restaurant's Las Colinas location is offering a featured margarita for $8 and a tequila tasting flight for $6 every Tuesday. Mexican Sugar has more than 100 tequilas and 30 mezcals. This deal is good for dine-in only.
- One90 Smoked Meats: The barbecue restaurant in East Dallas will offer smoked turkey legs for $8 on what was supposed to be the fair's opening day, September 25. Additionally, they will feature different specials all week long, including $1 off all tacos on September 22; a Basic Potato for $5.99, or $7.99 with your choice of meat on September 23; $1 off all two-meat plates on September 24; and $1 off one pound of hot ribs on September 25.