Ordinarily, we'd be enjoying all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top 14 deals to check out this week.
- Abuelo's: The Mexican food chain, which has five locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, is offering 15 percent all take out or curbside orders through September 30. Guests should use the code 15%off to get the deal, which does not apply on third-party delivery orders, and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- Applebee’s: The restaurant chain, which has 10 locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, is offering its September drink of the month – Vodka Strawberry Lemonade – for 50 cents on September 29. Also, for a limited time, guests can add an order of a dozen Double Crunch Shrimp to any steak entrée for just $1. This offer is available for dine-in, to-go, or delivery.
- Becks Prime: The burger/steak restaurant chain, which has one location in Dallas, is offering two steak dinners for $50 every Wednesday ($74-$76 normally). The dinner includes a choice of two 8-oz. filets, 16-oz. rib eyes, or 14-oz. New York sirloin strip steaks, plus two sides and two salads.
- Blue Cenote: The Tex-Mex cantina in the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff is celebrating National Taco Day by offering a choice of three tacos for $6 on October 4. The choices include Carnitas, Barbacoa, or Al Pastor, all of which are normally $9.
- Blue Mesa Grill: The casual restaurant chain, which has three locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate National Taco Day by offering a free quart of Blue Margaritas with the purchase of a Street Taco Family Pack To-Go ($55; serves 6 people). The deal is good October 2-4 for either to-go or curbside pickup orders.
- Cantina Laredo: The Mexican restaurant chain's locations in Addison and Frisco will celebrate National Taco Day and National Vodka Day, both taking place on October 4, by offering a free Bloody Mary with the purchase of a brunch entrée. After the first drink, additional Bloody Marys can be purchased for a special price of $2 each. They will also offer guests a $2 taco with the purchase of an entrée when they mention the promotion.
- Chuy's: The Tex-Mex chain, which has 10 locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate National Taco Day on October 4 with a special deal where guests can add on a a crispy beef taco to any dine-in entrée purchase for $1. The restaurant is also offering $5 shots of 1800 Silver (or equivalent) top-shelf tequila and $1 floaters for dine-in customers to top their favorite margarita with an extra pour of tequila.
- Corner Bakery Cafe: The fast casual chain, which has 19 locations through Dallas-Fort Worth, is offering all loyalty members one free coffee every day for the entire month of October. Anyone who's not a member yet can sign up anytime before 11:59 pm on October 4 to get the deal. New members will also receive a $5 off coupon for their next visit.
- Dog Haus: The hot dog restaurant chain, which has locations in Richardson and Arlington, will celebrate World Vegetarian Day on October 1 by offering their various plant-based items for $5 each, including the Impossible™ Burger, Beyond Brat. and the Sooo Veggie. The deal is good for in-store orders with app scan, or when ordering pickup or delivery via the Dog Haus app.
- Funny Library Coffee Shop: The coffee spot, located on the ground floor of Virgin Hotels Dallas, will celebrate International Coffee Day on September 29 by featuring a special $4 Laughing Man coffee, with proceeds from that beverage benefiting Cafe Momentum.
- Fuzzy's Taco Shop: The taco chain, which has 50 locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, will offer select $1.50 tacos all day on October 4 (promotion excludes fajita, shrimp, or Mahi, including California Heat and Citrus Heat Mahi). The special pricing is valid for dine-in, takeout, and online orders (where available; 10 taco limit).
- Kolache Factory: The pastry chain, which has which has four locations in Collin County, will celebrate National Coffee Day on September 29 by offering a free cup of coffee to all customers. Guests must present this coupon in order to get the deal. The deal is good for in-store and curbside pickup orders.
- The Salty Donut: The new gourmet donut shop located in the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff will celebrate National Coffee Day on September 29 by offering their new Vanilla Bean Latte (and many of the other Salty favorites) for only $2.50, as well as the fan-fave Cafe Con Leche donut. The deal is good for in-person orders, pick up, and via Uber Eats delivery.
- Taco Cabana: The fast food Mexican chain, which has over 30 locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, will celebrate National Taco Day on October 4 by offering a selection of its popular tacos for $1. Guests can get their choice of the classic bean and cheese, shredded chicken, or ground beef tacos. The deal is good for in restaurant, drive-thru, via mobile order through the MyTC! App, and for curbside pick-up.
- Twin Peaks: The restaurant chain, which has nine locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, is hosting Service Industry Night every night from 10 pm-midnight. All service industry workers will receive 50 percent off all bites, burgers, sandwiches, and tacos when they show proof of industry employment. Additionally, each worker will receive a Twin Peaks bottle opener membership keychain.