Ordinarily, we'd be enjoying all the discounts we could get in our annual trips to the State Fair of Texas this time of year. But with the biggest event on the Dallas calendar canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, we'll have to look elsewhere to soothe our bargain-hunting souls.
We've unearthed some of the best deals around Dallas-Fort Worth to ease the strain on our readers' bank accounts. Below are the top five deals to check out this week.
- Cinemark: While other movie theater chains are shutting their doors, Cinemark — which has over 20 locations throughout Dallas-Fort Worth — is sticking with it and hoping to entice moviegoers by offering $5 large popcorn, $3.50 large fountain drinks or ICEEs, and $2.50 candy. Cinemark Movie Club members can save even more with their standard 20 percent discount on concessions.
- Greenville Avenue Pizza Company: The pizza restaurant on Lowest Greenville will celebrate its 13th birthday on October 13 by offering anyone born on the 13th of any month a free one-topping slice of pizza. Guests must show a valid ID to verify their birthdate. This special promo is only valid at the Greenville Avenue location for dine-in and pickup; orders must be placed in-person.
- Mimi's Pizzeria: The pizza restaurant in Dallas will celebrate National Dessert Day on October 14 by offering a free cannoli or slice of cheesecake with any purchase.
- North Italia: The Italian restaurant chain, which has locations in Dallas and Plano, will celebrate National Pizza & Pasta Month in October by offering a new date night bundle for two. For $50, couples can get their choice of any two signature pastas, along with a side of freshly baked Parmesan garlic bread and either a to-go margarita or red sangria. The deal, which is good for takeout and online ordering, will be available between October 14 and November 1.
- Sundown at Granada: The restaurant/bar next to Granada Theater is honoring teachers throughout the month of October by offering buy one, get one free entrees with a valid school ID. The deal is available at lunch, dinner, and their rooftop brunch.