Links We Love
Dallas Mavericks hilarious Halloween video tops links we love right now
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Dallas Mavericks release a Halloween video and it is amazing. There's so much to love about this animated Halloween video starring Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks. It's a pretty clever idea to have Dirk and the boys dance around to Monster Mash to plug the team's season opener against Atlanta on October 30, and we don't mind taking the bait.
2. The United States of attitude: an interactive guide to America's moods. This brightly colored map promises to match you with the most appropriate state for your disposition. According to its creators, Texas is home to "temperamental and uninhibited" folks who are likely extroverts. Take the 10-question test to find out where you belong.
3. Welcome to America, home of the most Nobel Laureates and lawnmower deaths. Speaking of awesome and unusual maps, Dog House Diaries takes a look at what each country in the world is best at, and the results are pretty entertaining. You might think Australia would lead the globe in koalas and kangaroos, but you'd be way off: it's deadly animals and melanoma. Knowledge is power.
4. Teaching assistant at University of Iowa accidentally emails class her homemade sex tape instead of homework assignment. As much as the TA in this story wishes it was an Onion headline, it is sadly a factual, 21st century cautionary tale. The website Total Frat Move broke the story, which has since gone viral and been reported by everyone from Gawker to the Daily Mail.
5. El Paso residents revolt against mascot choice for town's new baseball team. Mascots can be a tricky business. It's a fine line between culturally relevant and just plan offensive. El Paso residents aren't happy with the proposed Triple A baseball mascot: The Chihuahas. The name comes complete with a logo, which depicts a growling puppy. A petition to allow a public vote on the mascot has more than 9,000 signatures.