Links We Love
Being Bill Murray, Alex from Target and more links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. How Alex From Target became an unwitting Internet superstar. And you thought being discovered on YouTube was novel. Alex from Target (who might also be from Frisco) is the latest viral sensation, and all he did was bag purchases with a swoop haircut.
2. Being Bill Murray. If you've ever wondered what life would be like as the inimitable Bill Murray, then this Rolling Stone profile is right up your alley. As Naomi Watts puts it, "Wherever he goes, he's leaving a trail of hysteria behind him."
3. Dirk, Chandler Parsons and Monta Ellis did a Run DMC cover. "Can't Be Stopped" is one of the latest and greatest videos from the delightfully creative team running the Dallas Mavericks' YouTube channel.
4. This guy is giving away a plane ticket around the world to anyone with his ex's name. Making travel plans with your girlfriend is a fun and exciting time. Dealing with the aftermath of a breakup and nonrefundable tickets usually isn't. One Canadian man is making the best of a crappy situation, however, by seeking out a new Elizabeth Gallagher to take a free trip around the world.
5. Noah Ritter tells Ellen about his trip to the Texas State Fair. The state fair of Texas may be over, but Noah Ritter is keeping the dream alive. His video diary of his time in Dallas includes such gems as "I'm going to stay here until a million o'clock."