This week's hot headlines
Glow-in-the-dark playground lights up this week's 5 most popular Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Texas' first glow-in-the-dark playground to light up in Farmers Branch. Fair warning to parents: A new Dallas-area playground will have kids wanting to stay up past their bedtimes. Joya at Oran Good Park in Farmers Branch, set to open this summer, will be the first glow-in-the-dark playground in DFW and all of Texas.
2. HGTV's No Demo Reno seeks homeowners north of Dallas for design makeover.A buzzy HGTV show is seeking participants: No Demo Reno, the renovation series hosted by Jenn Todryk, AKA the "Rambling Redhead," is casting homeowners who live north of Dallas. Way north.
3. High-profile new downtown Dallas steakhouse leaks opening date and menu. There's an opening date for one of the most high-profile restaurants in Dallas: Crown Block, the new restaurant from a high-powered hospitality team that's going into the Reunion Tower downtown, will open on Monday, April 17.
4. Speakeasy breezes into Plano at new bar featuring famed mixologist cocktails.Plano finally gets on board with the buzzy speakeasy trend, with a new place called The Wilfred, opening at Lakeside Market, at 4017 Preston Rd. #530. The concept is from Ryan Oruch, chef and co-owner of Plano’s Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill, which not coincidentally is located right next door.
5. Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa bake up big Dallas show as part of smokin' new tour. Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa will headline "The High School Reunion Tour," along with special guests Too $hort, Warren G, and Berner, and featuring DJ Drama. The 33-city tour will kick off start in Vancouver, British Columbia on Friday, July 7, and end in Irvine, California on Sunday, August 27. Dallas fans can catch the show on Sunday, August 20 at Dos Equis Pavilion.