links we love right now
Hamlet the mini-pig loves oatmeal, Donald Trump hates rap and the Dallas Cowboys are a joke
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Donald Trump goes on Twitter rant about two-year-old rap song using his name. Best part of his fake rage is that The Donald was for the Mac Miller song before he was against it. Could it have something to do with the 75 million YouTube views the song has? Nah, that can't be it.
2. Disney releases Oscar-nominated animated short glorifying paper. But we're not bitter, no sir. We may be paper-free over at CultureMap, but tree carcasses do serve a purpose in our society. And that purpose is making paper airplanes of L-O-V-E.
3. Hamlet the mini-pig goes down the stairs. It's really hard to pick the best part of this video. Is it the adorable oinking? The nose-dive directly into a bowl of oatmeal? Or is it the fact that Jack Donaghy (may he rest in peace) personally endorsed it? This is the hardest choice we've had to make all day, but ... nose dive FTW.
4. Letters From Death Row: Douglas Feldman, Texas Inmate 999326. This is a sobering link, but one worth reading. In response to a request from (aptly named) Gawker, Feldman writes, "Most of the public is so far removed from the death penalty that it is really only a curiosity for them, like a morbid celebrity event." Guilty as charged.
5. Craig Watkins hires himself as Cowboys' GM. In case you missed it, that's a bit of sarcasm from Mike Hashimoto of the Dallas Morning News. He's zinging district attorney Craig Watkins for inserting himself into the Kaufman County manhunt after a prosecutor was shot dead on Thursday morning. Watkins claimed one of the perps had been arrested in Dallas County, which would have been great, if it had been true.