Links we love right now
As Seen on TV gift ideas, the Ikea monkey and Seinfeld hits Twitter
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Jimmy Kimmel's As Seen on TV Gift Guide. Get the fork out of here.
The December 10 incident resulted in the animal being taken away from its owner and placed in a primate sanctuary. It also generated a parody Twitter account (@ikeamonkey), which was shut down Tuesday morning for unknown reasons.
3. Here's the cast of Downton Abbey riding the subway. Fake British nobility, they're just like us!
4. What if Seinfeld were still on the air? If you've wondered how Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine would navigate the annals of 2012, you're not alone. The Twitter account @seinfeldtoday takes the show for a modern day spin. To wit:
Elaine is caught on video laughing at 9/11 memorial. @gawker posts it & turns her into a pariah. Kramer claims to have invented the Snuggie.— Modern Seinfeld (@SeinfeldToday) December 10, 2012
5. Ten artists you should have known in 2012. Ever heard of Lord Huron, Poliça or Shakey Graves? Thanks to NPR, now you have.
6. Twenty-four absolutely unexplainable GIFs. It's a close call, but I'll take Butter Dancer FTW.