This week's hot headlines
Hottest ZIP codes top this week's 5 most popular Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. 2 Dallas-area ZIP codes make list of hottest U.S. housing markets in 2023. Despite higher mortgage rates, Dallas' housing market continued to attract more people in 2023, according to a new report by Opendoor. Two Dallas-area ZIP codes in particular – in Forney and Aubrey – earned top 10 status on the list of "hottest ZIP codes in the U.S."
2. Barnes & Noble bookstore chain debuts 2 new Dallas-area locations. Two new locations of bookstore chain Barnes & Noble have opened in the Dallas area, and there are more to come. According to a release, the stores are located in Flower Mound and Richardson, part of a wave of store openings that show the chain in the midst of a major comeback.
3. Uncover new openings and hot dishes in this Dallas restaurant news roundup. Even with the holidays upon us, the bi-monthly roundups of Dallas restaurant news do not stop. There is always news to gather, whether from emails, press releases, or the worldwide web. Here's what's happening in Dallas restaurant news.
4. The 10 buzziest CultureMap stories that had Dallas talking in 2023. What was Dallas reading in 2023? We are so glad you asked. News of crane flies' arrival last spring landed atop the list. A documentary that examined Texas' next potential mega-metro captivated readers. Here's a look back at the 10 most-read CultureMap stories from the year.
5. Dallas makes list of top 10 cities for people on the move in 2023. Texas was the top state in America for people on the move in 2023, according to the company that provided them with the equipment: Top Growth States Report, a new report from U-Haul, ranks Texas the No. 1 state for newcomers in 2023. U-Haul further drills down to the most popular cities in its Top U.S. Growth Cities, and Dallas makes the top 10, coming in at No. 9.