This is the stuff you can buy when Unbranded opens in downtown Dallas
The Unbranded pop-up shop returns to downtown Dallas for the holidays, and details have emerged about its introductory weekend starting Thursday, December 1.
Like years past, the shop, founded by Dallas entrepreneurs Matt Alexander (now of Q Fifty One Digital) and Bryan DeLuca (Foot Cardigan), features a rotating assortment of mostly local brands, who get the space free of charge. Session one showcases goods from the following:
- The Bar Cartist, which sells all the accoutrements — glasses, carts, coasters, and the like — required for a good cocktail.
- Cykochik, creator of vegan handbags and accessories.
- Woodworker Kreuzman Custom Reclaimed.
- Emm Design Studio, which makes leather accessories such as wallets, coasters, and key chains.
- OETL Co., which represents emerging and independent designers from Italy, Argentina, and the United States.
- Foremost/Need/Imprint clothing for men and women. “We’re doing a limited engagement to offer some of our favorite items,” says Alexander, who founded those brands prior to their acquisition by Q Fifty One. “It’s the only chance to get a hold of some of the items post-acquisition.”
Unbranded began in 2014 in Deep Ellum, to provide a storefront and publicity for small brands trying to reach a larger audience during the holidays. And shoppers had a single destination to buy local during peak gift-giving season.
In addition to CultureMap, Unbranded’s partner in this endeavor is Downtown Dallas Inc. The pop-up shop is part of DDI’s Wanderland programming, which also features Park-It Pop-Ups (mini retail vending trailers at Pegasus Plaza); Little D Markets on December 15 and 17 (at Pegasus Plaza and Main Street Garden, respectively); children’s activities; photos with Santa; movie screenings; and festive decor at retailers such as Neiman Marcus.