Celeb chefs and politicians to convene at Dallas' EarthX eco-conference
The 2023 rendition of Dallas' annual EarthX conference is here, returning to its original stomping grounds at Dallas' Fair Park, taking place from April 21-23, with a star-studded lineup of speakers.
Dubbed "The World’s Largest Green Gathering," it'll bring in luminaries from around the globe, everyone from governors to a high-profile CNN reporter to a legendary environmental warrior to a TV celebrity chef.
Highlights include two high-powered luncheons, both held at the Women's Museum at Fair Park:
- Friday, April 21: Fireside chat between Alex Epstein, the author of Fossil Future and The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, and Dr. John Nielsen-Gammon, professor of meteorology at Texas A&M and Texas State Climatologist, moderated by former Texas Gov. and former Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.
- Saturday, April 22: Media personality Van Jones will share insights on America’s path to bridging dialogue on green initiatives. In addition to his role on CNN, Jones was a champion of the Green Jobs Act and served the Obama administration as Special Advisor for Green Jobs.
Both luncheons will be held in conjunction with the EarthxExpo and the Congress of Conferences at Dallas Fair Park. The luncheons will start at 12 pm in the Women’s Building. Registration can be made via Eventive for $100 per person.
Speaker highlights include:
- Van Jones - CNN Reporter
- Andrew Zimmern, celeb chef who has a new David E Kelley documentary series on sustainability and seafood
- Jainey Bavishi, Deputy Administrator of NOAA
- Former Texas Governor and Secretary of Energy Rick Perry
- Captain Paul Watson, founder of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- Mark Kossler, VP of Operations for Ted Turner’s Ranches
- Elizabeth Levy, head of ESG for Trillium
- Ketan Patel, Force for Good
- John Paul DeJoria, founder Paul Mitchell, Patron Spirits
- Alex Epstein, author of Fossil Future
- Joshua Goldstein, author of Nuclear Now and consultant on Oliver Stone’s new documentary film based on the book
- Mike Crum, pro-skateboarding legend and founder of 4DWN
- Anna Valer Clark, founder of Cuenca de los Ojos
- Giovani Dos Santos, former professional soccer player and environmentalist
- Dr. Tracy Fanara, Inspector Planet
These speakers and hundreds more will appear on one of 15 stages throughout the Fair Park conference. Additionally, there will be demonstrations, nearly 1,000 exhibitors, a dozen VR/AR experiences, food, and music.
EarthX convenes the world’s largest environmental expo, conference, film festival, and television network and is a member of IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature. Founded in 2010 as Earth Day Dallas, the Texas nonprofit organization promotes environmental awareness and impact through conscious business, nonpartisan collaboration, and community-driven sustainable solutions.
In 2019, the last year things were still normal/pre-pandemic, the event drew over 177,000 attendees, 2,000 environmental leaders, and 750+ exhibitors. In 2020, the April virtual event drew over 570,000 live-stream views and reached 171 countries.