Torchy's Tacos debuts new menu and Dallas-Fort Worth location
The Dallas-Fort Worth area gets lucky with the arrival of a new Torchy's Tacos, opening in North Arlington, right between the two cities. The new restaurant will open at 1805 N. Collins St., just above I-30, in a new development that's also home to a Firehouse Subs shop.
According to a company spokesperson, the restaurant is targeted to open in September.
This makes the 11th Torchy's in the DFW area, and the second in Arlington; there's one in South Arlington, at the Arlington Highlands development at Matlock Road and I-20.
When the North Arlington store opens, it'll be with an updated menu introduced by Torchy's on July 12. The chain added six items to its permanent menu, including new tacos and a salad. They are as follows:
- Breakfast taco with spinach, egg, and bacon.
- Airstream salad with Romaine, arugula, mint, avocado, pico de gallo, corn, cotija cheese, peppadew peppers, pistachios. It gets drizzled with chipotle ranch and is served with a side of champagne vinaigrette.
- Alabama Shake taco with cornmeal-crusted catfish, poblano slaw, cotija cheese, peppadew peppers, cilantro, and avocado sauce on a flour tortilla.
- Tipsy Chick taco with fajita chicken, spinach, corn, green chiles, cheddar cheese, and chipotle sauce, with a side of bacon-bourbon marmalade on a flour tortilla.
- Hillbilly queso, which is Torchy's famous green chile queso upgraded with crumbled chorizo.
There's also a new item on the kids' menu: a hot dog with shredded cheese on a flour tortilla.
Torchy's marketing and culinary VP Mike Rypka says in a release that the items were added to fulfill demand.
"[Customers] have been begging for a salad for 10 years," he says. "We tested all of the new menu items. We didn't expect that all of them would have rave reviews but they did, so it only made sense to add them to the permanent menu."
The new menu is being served at all locations.