Dallas restaurants are working hard during this pandemic to stay afloat. These three high-profile restaurants have all launched new side projects and/or spin-offs that represent something unique or culinarily interesting.
Check out these three new deals:
Pizza Parm Project
New "side hustle" from chef Nick Badovinus (Neighborhood Services, Town Hearth, Montlake Cut) specializes in pizza and Italian-American foods including three salads, 12-inch pizzas, and parm hero sandwiches. Beverages including beer and wine are also available for pickup or delivery.
Badovinus changed the pizza game in Dallas by co-founding the Fireside Pies chain. His Perfect Union Pizza, which he opened in 2018, closed after the onset of COVID-19, so this is a chance to get his pizza.
Seven pizzas include the following:
- BCB, with hamburger meat, bacon, tomato, Tillamook cheddar, pickle, and secret sauce
- Eggplant or Chicken Parm, with green bell peppers, arugula, and tomato
- You Can Call Me Scorpion, with sausage, jalapeno, pepperoncini, and chile flake
- 'Sup Shorty, with short rib, mushroom, caramelized onion, arugula, and creamy horseradish
- Buongiorno Boys, with pepperoni, sausage, tomato, and arugua
- Action Packed, with pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, mushroom, black olive, red onion, and bell pepper
There are four hero sandwiches and a slew of "extras" that include cheesy garlic bread, mac & cheese, spaghetti & meatballs, and chocolate cake.
Pizzas start at $10 for a cheese pizza to $21 for the loaded Action Packed. Sandwiches run $12-$16 and come on a garlic-buttered Cuban roll with mozzarella and provolone, tomato, and cabbage slaw. The menu is available for pickup and delivery only, Tuesday-Sunday, from 5-9 pm (until 10 pm on Friday-Saturday). Go to their website at pizzaparmproject.com or call 214-350-5027.
TH Down Home
New outlet from Town Hearth, the Nick Badovinus restaurant, serves special take-home dinners for two. In Nick-speak, it's: "Tasty Homestyle Riffs for 2." He has a way with words.
It consists of an entree, salad, sides, and dessert. You can also get it paired with a wine recommendation, at a discounted price.
A new menu launches each week on Monday and runs until Sunday. They start taking orders at 3 pm, with curbside pickup beginning at 5 pm.
This week's selections available until August 16 include:
- Fried Chicken & Biscuits. Eight piece with honey butter, plus chopped wedge salad with bleu cheese, creamed spinach, smashed potatoes with cracked pepper gravy, and a "thick slice" of chocolate cake. $45 solo or $95 with bottle of Moet & Chandon Brut.
- Baked Rigatoni Bolognese. Dry-aged burrata/Smoked Provolone/Parm, chopped Italian salad, fried Brussels sprouts, garlic bread, chocolate cake. $50,or $85 with 2018 Renato Ratti Battaglione Barbera.
- Prime Short Rib Pot Roast. Mushroom & Veal Jus/Garlic Bread, chopped Italian salad, creamed spinach, smashed potatoes with cracked pepper gravy, chocolate cake. $60, or $159 with 2015 Silver Oak Cab from Alexander Valley.
My One Kitchen
Al Biernat's has launched this outlet as a pickup and delivery only option offering affordable, convenient, and delicious food without having to dine out. Compared to the Al Biernat’s Oak Lawn and Al Biernat’s North restaurants, the menu is more approachable and reasonably priced while offering a wider variety of options outside of the traditional Al Biernat’s menu.
There are salads, rice or vegan bowls, sandwiches, a Mexican kitchen, steakhouse burgers, meat, fish, and pasta.
The menu features new dishes such as:
- Mexican Burritos and Enchiladas
- Grilled Snapper Tacos
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Bison BBQ Burger
It also includes Al's popular menu items such as Prime Rib, Chilean Sea Bass, and Al’s Salad. And a kids' section with Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Fingers, and Turkey Sandwiches.
Desserts include a Half Dozen Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Key Lime Pie, and Al’s Famous Coconut Cream Pie. Beverages, Wine, and Cocktails are also available. Visit www.myonekitchen.com or call 214-219-3215.
Pick up locations include Al Biernat’s Oak Lawn at 4217 Oak Lawn Avenue and Al Biernat’s North at 5251 Spring Valley Road. For delivery, My One Kitchen uses Al Biernat’s own staff to deliver orders which allows customers to avoid third party delivery fees. However, select third party delivery services will soon be available for My One Kitchen in addition to their delivery service.