Beer news emerges from Legacy Hall, the food hall opening in Plano in October: Unlawful Assembly Brewing Co., a brewery that will open on the third floor, has released its opening lineup, with an assortment of six beers, ranging from wheat to IPA to saison.
These six premium beer styles will be available year-round. There'll also be with a rotating selection of collaborative and seasonal beers, from seasonal brews to session-able lagers to small-batch, barrel-aged experiments.
The six beers are:
- Idol Time. Passion Fruit Pineapple Wheat, an unfiltered wheat ale, fermented with tart tropical fruits.
- Peacemonger. European-style Pilsner that's crisp and slightly malty, with a spicy hop finish.
- Rebel Faction. Saison with floral aroma, fruity and earthy flavors, and subtle tartness.
- Public Dissent. Crisp grapefruit and piney hop-flavored pale ale with caramel undertones.
- The Antagonist. Medium-bodied beer with balanced caramel-like flavor and a dry finish.
- Blind Justice IPA. A blend of six hops: Mosaic, Citra, Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo and Magnum, balanced by a perfect level of malt body.
Unlawful Assembly is working on having a wide array of distinctive beers designed to pair with the variety of cuisines among the food hall's vendors.
Brewmaster Tom Janik says in a release that the brewery won't hesitate to use nontraditional ingredients. "We'll be constantly pushing the envelope to explore unique flavor combinations," he says. "And because we’ll be rotating our taps on a regular basis, there will always be something new for our guests to discover."
Tours and tastings will be offered, and the UABC Tap Room will be available for private events and parties. The tap room will host live acoustic music and be an ideal gathering place for beer lovers, foodies, and people looking to enjoy the sights and sounds of a working brewery while hanging out with friends.
Unlawful's senior VP is Tim Timbs who says they'll be sharing the beer in a matter of weeks. The food hall is anticipated to open on or around October 23.