10-plus reasons to celebrate 4th of July weekend at Gaylord Texan Resort
It’s a red, white and blue celebration during the Fourth of July weekend at Gaylord Texan Resort. For family fun that includes something for everyone, Gaylord Texan has a robust lineup of activities, recreation, entertainment, fine dining, spa treatments and more.
The resort has gained national attention for its unique offerings, as well as its 4.5 acres of lush indoor gardens under glass kept at 72 degrees year-round. Here are some of the exciting experiences waiting for you at Gaylord Texan Resort.
Fourth of July Special Fun
Beginning July 3, the resort has a jam-packed lineup of family entertainment and activities in honor of Independence Day. Balloon artists, stilt walkers and juggling unicyclists are onsite, and kids can get their hair braided, opt for a glitter or airbrush tattoo, and have their likeness drawn with a caricature artist. Guests can inquire with the concierge for a detailed schedule of events.
On Friday night, come on out to the resort parking garage for DJ music and fun at 7 pm (or visit the Glass Cactus for ages 21 and up). The fireworks show starts at 9:30.
Get Soaked in Paradise Springs
Paradise Springs is the resort’s private water park, with a 6,000-square-foot lagoon, 600-foot lazy river, 27-foot-tall winding waterslide, 25-foot zipline, two hot pools, water basketball and a dedicated pool for kids. Resort guests can opt to rent private cabanas, and the water park features plenty of beach chairs and seating. During park hours, resort guests can enjoy DJ music, drink specials and more.
Need more reasons to hang out at Gaylord Texan this weekend? There are plenty. Summer Bash runs through Labor Day, and there’s something exciting happening every day. The full list of activities is here, but highlights include:
- Junior chefs camp: A popular interactive day camp geared for kids ages 8-16. Here, kids learn how to cook, plate and serve dishes. The fee is $90 per person, and you can purchase tickets online.
- Family snaps: Grab the family and get gussied up for an old-time Western photo shoot at the Western House Saloon on Fridays and Saturdays, 4-8 pm, and Sundays, 10 am-2 pm. Prices vary by package.
- Live piano music: Stop by the Silver Bar every evening from 6- 9 pm to enjoy live piano music.
- Wine and cheese pairings: Enjoy three expertly paired wine and cheese selections at the Old Hickory Wine Bar. Ages 21 and up; cost is $35 per person.
- Sunset patio hour: Savor appetizer and drink specials on Glass Cactus’ two-tiered outdoor deck overlooking Lake Grapevine.
- Margarita madness: Enjoy a margarita or other cocktails at the River walk Cantina. For ages 21 and up; additional charge applies.
- Summer music series at Glass Cactus: In the resort’s popular live music venue, the dancing never seems to stop. Music plays Friday and Saturday nights; there is a $10 cover after 8 pm. For ages 21 and up.
Gaylord Texan Resort is proud to offer guests exceptional dining at any one of its four award-winning restaurants: Old Hickory Steakhouse, Zeppole Coastal Italian, Texan Station and Riverwalk Cantina. Or, if you prefer an in-room meal, the resort also offers room service.
Relâche Spa is the perfect place to enjoy a little down time. The spa features several summer specials, including the Green Tea and Lemongrass Experience (body polish, facial, pedicure). Book your appointment online.
Celebrate Independence Day at Gaylord Texan Resort. Make your reservation online or call 817-778-1000. You can also visit us on Facebook.