Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas Marathon female winner has a surprise guest at finish line. There was some confusion at the Dallas Marathon finish line, when relay runner Janice Moore broke through the tape that had been set up for female winner Shitaye Gemechu. “I have nothing but the best respect for Shitaye Gemechu and did not mean to go in front of her,” Moore says.
2. Deion Sanders’ former Prosper palace goes back on market for $12.9 million. Back in November, Deion Sanders’ former 29,000-square-foot estate sold at auction for under $4 million. But, as it turns out, the property at 1280 N. Preston Rd. in Prosper is still available. “The buyer can’t perform,” says agent Jonathan Rosen with Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty, who is listing the property.
3. Dallas blogger Lauren Scruggs and E! News co-host Jason Kennedy tie the knot. Lauren Scruggs wed Jason Kennedy in her hometown on December 12 at the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas. Among those in attendance were Candice and Tony Romo, Kathie Lee Gifford, Giuliana and Bill Rancic, and Catt Sadler. Kennedy’s best man was Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr., who married Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
4. Plano police arrest Enrique Arochi for aggravated kidnapping in Christina Morris case. Arochi, 24, of Allen was arrested and charged him with aggravated kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of Christina Morris, who has been missing since August 30. A spokesman said police found DNA evidence of Morris in Arochi’s car.
5. Vote now for the best young professional charitable event in Dallas of 2014. Dallas young professionals have perfected partying for a cause. But which YP charitable event outshined them all? Now’s your chance to pick your favorite from 2014. Vote once a day, every day, until 11:59 pm on December 23.