Editor's note: It's no surprise that Dallasites are serious about their food, and there were plenty of big developments in the world of restaurants and bars. From a beloved diner's big move to the shakeup of a State Fair staple, here are the biggest food and drink stories of the year.
1. Top Dallas breakfast spot forced to move due to rent hike. A new landlord put Crossroads Diner on the move. The critically acclaimed breakfast spot across from Presbyterian Hospital will relocate to the corner of Preston and Campbell roads in early 2016.
2. Dallas restaurant scene gets hit by three unforeseen shut-downs. While Dallas diners enjoyed lots of prosperous restaurant openings, we also suffered a series of shut-downs in summer 2015.
3. Trouble resurfaces on Cane Rosso Lakewood's beleaguered patio. The sadly troubled patio at Cane Rosso in Lakewood received another drubbing from the unsupervised offspring of East Dallas' finest.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best restaurants for cheap dates. The most sought-after request for restaurant recommendations generally goes like this: "I'm looking for a restaurant that's nice for a date, but not too fussy. I want a nice night out with a cocktail and a decent meal. I want to dress up. I want good food. But I don't want to break the bank." If you want cheap dates, we found 10 restaurants right down the middle.
5. State Fair of Texas kingpin Fletcher's does the unthinkable with new corny dog for 2015. Fletcher's, the original food vendor at the State Fair of Texas, debuted an exciting new product for the 2015 fair: a veggie corny dog.
6. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to go with friends. For our October 2015 rendition of Where to Eat, we got all inclusive and thought about where we want to go with friends.
7. Say ciao to one of Dallas' oldest and most loved restaurants. One of Dallas' oldest and most venerated restaurants, Pietro's Italian Restaurant, went on the market in September, signaling one last chance for meatballs with signature red sauce.
8. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 hot restaurant picks from top local foodies. For our November 2015 chapter of Where to Eat, we took our cues from Dallas' top foodies. We consulted some of the city's most frequent diners, the ones who make a point to stay on top of what's new. We bowed to their prowess and put these restaurants on our must-visit list.
9. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to take your out-of-town guests. December is the month for holidays, and for many people, holidays mean visitors from out of town. To help you with your hosting duties, we identified restaurants that can handle a group, have a holiday flair, or represent what's going on in Dallas right now.
10. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 new restaurants for on-top-of-it foodies. For the June 2015 rendition of Where to Eat, the theme was all about new. In a propitious set of circumstances, early summer had plenty of contenders.