Dallas' most fashion forward recently stepped out for the Fashion Group International (FGI) of Dallas' 21st annual Rising Stars Awards Ceremony, which took place at Design District’s Seven for Parties.
The event, this year co-chaired by Holly Quartaro and Dr. Jason Stanford, honors the accomplishments of the city's emerging talents in the areas of women’s fashion, men’s fashion, photography, art, fashion blogging, and makeup artistry.
Attendees, including Cynthia Smoot, Chad Collum, Ken Weber, LeeAnne Locken, Steve Kemble, Nha-Khanh Nguyen, Loi Dang, Whitney Kutch, Rochelle Rodriguez, and Melissa Moore, first were treated to pop-up men’s and women’s fashion presentations produced by Jan Strimple Productions. Art and media installations highlighting the nominees were displayed throughout the space. And a surprise music presentation by local artist Hannah Fentriss kept the room buzzing. Reality TV star Courtney Kerr emceed.
When it came time to present the awards, these were the 2018 honorees:
- Rising Star Winner in Men’s Fashion: Jason Simmons of DeadSoxy
- Rising Star Winner in Women’s Fashion: Venny Etienne of Levity
- Rising Star Winner in Photography: Aaron Fairooz
- Rising Star Winner in Art: Lindsey Meyers
- Rising Star Winner in Fashion Blogging: Amber LaFrance of DFW Style Daily
- Rising Star Winner in MakeUp Artistry: Jo Franco
- People’s Choice Award: Jo Franco
FGI of Dallas is part of Fashion Group International, a global, nonprofit, professional organization with more than 6,000 members representing all areas of the fashion industry. FGI provides a high-profile forum to promote the fashion business by hosting events that educate and facilitate the exchange of ideas by giving back to the community. Proceeds from the event funded FGI of Dallas’ foundation scholarships.