More than 200 philanthropic young professionals brought their appetites to the second annual Young Texans Against Cancer Chili Cook-Off for the Cure, where cold beer and hot chili awaited at The Foundry. Eleven teams competed for the crown, as judged by Oh So Cynthia’s Cynthia Smoot, Tastemaker Award winner Eric Dreyer of Fearing’s, WFAA’s Colleen Coyle and Kent Lemmons of Royal Oaks Country Club.
Of course, attendees — including Alex Palma, Holly Colvin, Allison Earnhart, Carrie Hanna, Mandy Marsh, Brian Joyce, Rob McNaughton and Justin O’Malley — also had a say in this competition. In the end, these teams took home bragging rights:
- First place: Team Chili the Kid
- Second place: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Third place: Three Gals in a Pot
- Most spirited: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Fan favorite: The Chili Dawgs
But of course this was not about the cook-off but the cause: The event raised more than $20,000 for YTAC’s 2014 beneficiaries.