With all of the summer excitement bundled into Gaylord Texan Resort, a staycation is just what the family ordered. From bounding down a curving water slide to enjoying a chef-prepared meal, Gaylord Texan has a unique lineup of activities designed for relaxation, togetherness and fun.
Paradise Springs provides 10 acres of waterpark enjoyment. Registered resort guests have access to private cabanas, a curving slide, lazy river floats, water basketball games, DJ music, drink specials, airbrush tattoos, hair braiding and more. Bring your sunscreen and loads of energy for this outdoor party.
From family fun activities and live entertainment to culinary programs and dining specials, we invite you to experience Gaylord Texan’s Summer Bash event taking place now through Labor Day weekend. Here are some of the highlights:
During the day
- Junior chefs camp: This fun, interactive day camp teaches kids ages 8-16 how to cook, plate and serve dishes ($90 per person).
- Chillin’ with checkers: Mix up your family fun with some old-school activities. Play a game of checkers or get competitive with a bean bag toss (located in the Lone Star Atrium).
- Family snaps: Dress up the whole family — think cowboy hats, chaps and bloomers — for an old-time Western photo shoot on Fridays and Saturdays, 4-8 pm, and Sundays, 10 am-2 pm, at the Western House Saloon (prices vary by package).
In the evening
- Friday night fireworks: The music begins at 9 pm in the resort parking garage (or Glass Cactus for ages 21 and up), and the fireworks start at 9:30.
- Summer music series at Glass Cactus: Within this popular music and dance venue, keep the good times going with live music every Friday and Saturday night ($10 cover after 8 pm).
- Wine and cheese pairings: Three expertly paired wine and cheese selections are yours to enjoy at Old Hickory Wine Bar. For ages 21 and up ($35 per person).
- Live piano music: Every evening from 6-9 pm, enjoy live piano music in Silver Bar.
- Sunset patio hour: Savor appetizer and drink specials on Glass Cactus’ two-tiered outdoor deck overlooking gorgeous Lake Grapevine.
- Margarita madness: Margaritas and summer go hand-in-hand. Try one of Riverwalk Cantina’s specialty margaritas. For ages 21 and up (additional charge applies).
Learn more about the Gaylord Texan’s Summer Bash and get the full list of activities.
Sights to See
Gaylord Texan is a unique destination for many reasons, including the fact that it features 4.5 acres of lush indoor gardens under glass kept at a comfortable 72 degrees year round. From the aroma of fresh flowers to the bold beauty of blooms, guests can enjoy the diverse color and greenery. We also encourage guests to take a free self-guided horticulture tour or embark on an Atrium Art Walk showcasing local artists’ sculptures, paintings and blown-glass displays.
Grab a Bite
Gaylord Texan features myriad dining choices, from steak dinners to burgers to brunch. Enjoy fare from the resort’s four award-winning restaurants: Old Hickory Steakhouse, Zeppole Coastal Italian, Texan Station and Riverwalk Cantina. The resort also offers room service.