Links we love right now
Disney reality check and the irresistible appeal of Jennifer Lawrence and puppies
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Disney fairy tales revisited with stark realism. An a cappella quartet of young Leonardo DiCaprios may not seem like the most appropriate messengers of harsh truths, but these blond-haired beauties deliver the "after ever after" tales of Ariel, Jasmine, Belle and Pocahontas. It's an entertainingly bleak picture of oil pollution, terrorism, beastialty and STDs.
2. Jennifer Lawrence wins over Westboro Baptist Church. It is impossible to hate Jennifer Lawrence. The down-to-earth, Academy Award-winning actress has officially won over Westboro Baptist Church. Slow clap.
3. Thousands of people found the Super Bowl offensive. Deadspin submitted an FOIA request to the FCC for all complaints about the Super Bowl. Most of the missives came from the Parents Television Council, but 48 unaffiliated people also aired grievances. Nearly all of them were about Beyonce, although one person was deeply offended by the GoDaddy commercial wherein a woman kissed a nerd.
4. Billy Joel humors a college student, sings "New York State of Mind" during campus visit. Vanderbilt University student Michael Pollack boldly asked Billy Joel if he could accompany him on the legendary song. Joel obliged, and Pollack shined.
5. Charlie Sheen asks his faithful fans to smear poop on his daughter's private school. Sheen says his daughter was the victim of bullying at Viewpoint School. Like any loving father, he reached out to 9.1 million of his closest friends and asked them to deliver dog poop and rotten eggs "with extreme prejudice" to the California campus "run by trolls and charlatans."
6. Thirty-four aww-inducing photos of puppies, kittens and bunny rabbits. Because there's no such thing as too many cute puppies in a grocery sack.