Links We Love
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Priceless Twitter reactions to that NSFW US Airways tweet. Whoever manages the US Airways Twitter account recently learned a painful — and possibly job-ending — lesson: When you reply to a tweet, the sender's original message goes along for the ride. As Mashable notes, everyone had a field day with this social media blunder.
2. Under a blood red sky. The first of a rare tetrad of lunar eclipses took place in the early morning hours of April 15. The moon turned blood red as a result, and the Washington Post has a stellar roundup including a time-lapse video and photos capturing the cosmic event from locales across the globe.
3. Texas Tech's football coach is way cooler than anyone you know. The Texas Tech Raiders had a roller coaster first season under Kliff Kingsbury. His risk-taking coaching style made headlines, as did his movie star good looks and signature Ray-Ban sunglasses. Kingsbury keeps his sexy storyline alive with a pre-season dance off to "Stanky Leg."
4. How predictions from the 1964 World's Fair stack up against reality. Mankind's interest in predicting the future is one of the few things unlikely to ever change. In 1964, the New York World's Fair outlined a range of technology predictions that have come true, including robots, personal computers and the "picture phone."
5. Watch two grandmothers get a huge kick out of their first airplane ride. To prove that not all recent news surrounding air travel is bad, we bring you the delightfully heartwarming story of An & Ria's first flight.