This Week's Hot Headlines
Summer concerts for $20 punch tickets into this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dozens of Dallas summer concerts go on sale for $20 a ticket. Live Nation, the national concert promoter, is launching National Concert Week with what has become an annual ticket sale on dozens of concerts in summer 2018. The event takes place April 30-May 8 with an exclusive $20 all-in ticket offer for fans to celebrate the kickoff to 2018's massive summer season.
2. Lakewood estate of mayor known as 'Mr. Dallas' hits market for $2.9 million. Chateau des Grotteaux — a Lakewood estate with a storied past, most notably the one-time residence of Dallas mayor R.L. Thornton — just hit the market for nearly $2.9 million. Construction on the French-inspired estate, at 6941 Gaston Ave., was started by famed Texas oilman and builder Edwin Cox, Sr., who sold it to Thornton following the stock market crash in the late 1920s.
3. Where to celebrate Cinco De Mayo 2018 at Dallas restaurants and bars. In 2018, May 5 is not only Cinco de Mayo but also the Kentucky Derby, so this list has hybrid events that morph from brunch to Derby contests on the very same day. Check them out.
4. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 8 hot new restaurants to check out. Spring is a time for new things to flourish, and that includes Dallas restaurants. Recent openings feature new barbecue, new biscuits, new pizza, and new sushi. Here are 8 hot new restaurants in Dallas right now.
5. Dallas young professionals party outside the box to raise big bucks for kids. Some fundraisers have it all: a handsome young crowd, great food and drinks, and a cause that everyone can get behind. Boxer Bowtie Club's Bowtie Benefit delivered big, with a good-vibes event that featured a fun bunch of young professionals, an unlimited open bar, and even a lovable boxer.