This Week's Hot Headlines
Where to eat now and new summer party series top 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants that tease with hard-to-get specials. We love restaurants that give us everything we want, whenever we want it. But sometimes the value of something increases when we can't have it all the time. Thus explains the mystique of the limited edition.
2. Shake Shack locks down opening date for first Texas burger joint. The first Shake Shack in Texas opened May 5, on South Lamar Boulevard in Austin. It serves Austin-only creations in addition to the standard favorites; one exclusive menu item is the Lockhart Link Burger with Kreuz Market jalapeño cheese sausage.
3. Whole Foods Market targets millennials with new grocery store concept. Millennials, look out: Whole Foods has its eyes on you. The Austin-based supermarket giant is launching a new, separate chain specifically tailored to meet the needs of that younger audience. In other words, it’s cheaper.
4. Dallas Mavericks head coach offloads custom-built Park Cities pad for $3 million. Rick Carlisle is looking forward to more than just a new basketball season: His living situation is about to change. He has listed his two-story, French-style custom home on Greenbriar for $3,134,700. But he’s staying in Dallas.
5. New party series guarantees free fun in downtown Dallas this summer. During the dog days of summer, downtown Dallas can often feel a little dead, especially on the weekends. Reunion Tower is looking to remedy that by hosting the new Reunion Lawn Party, a free monthly event sure to enliven the area.