These international food and wine trips will have you salivating
There are vacations, and then there are once-in-a-lifetime bucket list trips. It can be hard to nail down what makes these getaways so magical — a far-flung location? Insider activities? Incredible food and drink? — unless you're traveling with Pourtal, and then it's obvious.
The female-led offshoot of wine and sake importer Vine Connections curates journeys that transport small groups of adventurers into their wildest dreams. The insider knowledge that the Pourtal team has gleaned over two decades means they can offer authentic experiences that are off the beaten path, yet always in tune with the area's unique charm.
Founded by Texas local Kelley Rochna and led by Jen Keating, Lizzy Butler, Monica Samuels, Julie Kinnaird, and Valeria Guarnieri, Pourtal vacations are centered around wine regions in Argentina and Chile, as well as sake regions in Japan.
For each trip, you can expect no more than 12 travelers per group (and you definitely won't be following a guide with an umbrella). You can also count on:
- Exclusive VIP access to intimate winery tours, pisco and vermouth tastings, guided activities, and hidden expeditions.
- Private tours with locals guides and cultural experts.
- A full week of accommodations at wineries and boutique hotels.
- Domestic airfare between Argentina and Chile.
- Private transportation for all day trips and excursions, including airport transfers.
- Curated meal experiences each day: daily breakfasts, lunches and most dinners.
- Direct access to wines tasted on the trip — they'll ship it back for you!
The next trip is scheduled for November 2-11, 2019, and is still accepting reservations. Before the craziness of the holidays, treat yourself to:
- Travel from the Chilean coast and then the Andes to visit Mendoza and Buenos Aires.
- Winemaker dinners and private dining experiences with paired tastings.
- Dinner and lunches prepared by some of the top chefs in South America.
- Exclusive winery tours.
- Authentic "asado," grilled meats and vegetables roasted over an open fire, and empanada-making lessons.
- More than wine — opt for a pisco tasting or go to one of the hottest vermouth bars in the world, La Fuerza.
If you can't make those dates, there's another South American excursion scheduled for March 20-29, 2020, as well as Japan in March 2020. Questions? Reach out to Pourtal, and then start packing.