This Week's Hot Headlines
A look inside Mary Kay's home in pre-pink days tops this week's Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Tasteful Dallas home of Mary Kay in her pre-pink days comes with own lake. Before there ever was a pink mansion on Douglas Avenue, Mary Kay Ash and her husband, Mel Ash, conscripted modernist architect Frank L. Meier to design a home for them. The site was the perfect place to craft reality from a dream.
2. Guy Fieri is in Dallas scouting for future Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Charismatic TV personality Guy Fieri, the Mayor of Flavortown, is in Dallas this very minute scouting for possible future locations to feature for his hugely popular Food Network series Diners Drive-ins and Dives.
3. Get to know the 2017 CultureMap Stylemaker finalists and cast your vote now. And then there were six. We’re down to the half-dozen finalists in our fourth annual CultureMap Stylemaker Awards. Now that we’ve reached the finals, you must vote to determine the readers’ choice winner.
4. New Italian restaurant beguiles Dallas with brunch prosecco bar. As part of its grand makeover, the Centrum Building is adding an Italian restaurant called Mille Lire, from Italian chef Giuliano Matarese and his business partner Brian Ellard. It'll open in November.
5. Sneak a peek of this home tour featuring the best architecture in Dallas. The 11th annual AIA Dallas Tour of Homes, Dallas' only citywide home tour and the area's only tour curated exclusively by architects, will be held October 28-29 from 10 am-5 pm. Seven residences are featured.