Dallas Area Rapid Transit has stepped up the functionality on its popular GoPass app, adding new ways to pay for your passes and plan your DART and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trips.
The original version was launched in 2013 and was one of the first transit payment apps that allowed customers to buy tickets on their smartphone with a credit or debit card. But technology has changed, and now so has the GoPass.
One major new feature: the ability to "load value" to the GoPass app with cash at hundreds of area retailers. You can find participating retailers in the PayNearMe network at GoPass.org.
The app also contains a GoPass Wallet that "stores value" which can be used to purchase tickets for use on DART, TRE, Trinity Metro, and the Denton County Transportation Authority.
Other new GoPass options:
- allow customers to use "Touch ID" for quicker security acceptance
- send receipts to an email address
- view various events and offers
- save their favorite stations and stops, making viewing vehicle arrivals and departures quicker
- give the ability to track buses and trains in real-time.
The cost of a ticket purchased using the GoPass app is the same as tickets purchased from a ticket vending machine or bus farebox and must be activated before boarding any bus or train.
GoPass is free to download or update from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store. Search for GoPass.