Frisco might be football mecca, but the Cowboys' star is shooting to Plano for a new health and fitness center that lets guests work out like the pros. Cowboys Fit Plano opened June 25 at 4817 West Park Blvd., Ste 800.
According to a release, the 45,000-square-foot facility is filled with the same cutting-edge equipment used in the Cowboys’ training facility and the same “train like one of us” experience central to the original Cowboys Fit location, which is at The Star in Frisco.
“We’re very proud to build on the success of the original Cowboys Fit by bringing a second iteration to the Plano community,” says Jerry Jones Jr., executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer for the Dallas Cowboys, in a release. “Health and fitness are key pillars for our business, so creating another inspiring and motivating environment where people can work out like a Dallas Cowboy was a no-brainer.”
Although members are not promised the chance to hit a treadmill next to Dak or Zeke, there's no mistaking the Cowboys brand. Logos and images are emblazoned on walls, floors, and on the website. A ribbon-cutting ceremony on June 25 included Cowboys VP Charlotte Jones Anderson, as well as Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
The company says gym members will have access to offerings and amenities including:
• State-of-the-art free weights and weight machines alongside an indoor sports turf field, Olympic weights and platforms, and boxing and functional equipment
• Indoor cycling and group fitness classes, including barre, circuit training, and yoga
• Performance and personal training programs with elite trainers
• Behind-the-scenes access to the team’s world headquarters (with dual location membership options)
• Recovery lounge, featuring innovations such as cryotherapy, hydro massage, normatech recovery, and tanning
• On-site childcare
According to the website, individual, couples, and family memberships are available, starting at just over $50 per month, excluding fees. To celebrate the opening, the gym is offering two weeks free. (Check the website for details and promo code.)
Cowboys Fit is staffed with a fitness director and certified personal trainers who look like they know their way around a weight room. Mark Mastrov, chairman of New Evolution Ventures and founder of 24 Hour Fitness, is at the helm.
“We have no doubt that Cowboys Fit Plano will be an exceptional addition to the Plano community,” Mastrov says in the release.