This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Sweet bakery debuts in East Dallas with trademark kolaches and quiches. In excellent baked goods news, Dallas has a new bakery in East Dallas. Called Leila Bakery & Cafe, it's a bakery and soon-to-be cafe open at 6041 Oram St., in the space that used to be home to Jack's Kitchen, which closed in November.
2. Newest restaurant concept in Dallas' Harwood district is a stately pub. The ever-prolific Harwood International is adding another new restaurant concept to its portfolio: Called Harwood Arms, it's a casual pub that aspires to exemplify the best of the British Isles.
3. New HiFi Dallas concert venue opens with all local and regional bands. The newest concert hall in town has rolled out its lineup of acts: The HiFi Dallas, the new venue in Dallas' Design District which boasts a fortuitous Mark Cuban connection, is set to open in May, with a lineup that spotlights local and regional acts, from Bowling For Soup to The Revivalists.
4. San Antonio stunner shines as only Texas hotel on prestigious best of list. San Antonio's most lauded hotel is checking in with another big accolade. On Tuesday, February 4, U.S. News & World Report released its 10th annual 25 Best Hotels in the USA rankings, and Hotel Emma was the only Texas hotel to make the prestigious list.
5. New delivery-only chicken wing restaurant takes flight in Dallas. Dallas restaurants serve up all manner of tasty wings, but a veteran restaurateur is betting the city has room for an intriguing newcomer. Robert Earl — best known as the founder of Planet Hollywood — has launched a new virtual-restaurant concept called Wing Squad in which the food is available by delivery only.