Read All About It
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Romo family sues son's rape accuser for defamation and malicious prosecution. Former Highland Park High School baseball standout Ryan Romo has filed a defamation lawsuit against the 16-year-old girl who accused him of rape in October. In the suit, the family alleges that the girl “was used as a pawn to further her parents’ ‘get rich quick’ scheme.”
2. Cantina Laredo at Inwood Village closes to make way for Trader Joe's. Sad news for Tex-Mex fans: The Cantina Laredo at Inwood Village is closing Sunday, March 24. But good news for Trader Joe's fans: This longtime restaurant is shuttering to make room for a Trader Joe's store, which will open in 2014.
3. Feud between Mark Cuban and Donald Trump heats up on Twitter. You'd think that Mark Cuban and Donald Trump would have a lot in common. But full pockets and heads of hair aren't enough for those two crazy rich kids to forge a friendship. The tweet war started on March 14 and continued for a week.
4. Soak in the sun at the 10 best patios in Dallas. It’s springtime, which means that we’ve got a few months of patio drinking and dining under splendiferous sunshine and casual breezes before the mosquitos arrive. With that in mind, as part of our Best of Everything series, we’ve compiled a list of the best patios in Dallas.
5. The 6 best veggie burgers in Dallas more than satisfy the craving. Burgers are a quintessential part of our culture, up there with apple pie and baseball, a symbol of who we are. For the list of our favorite veggie burgers around Dallas, we went for places that put together their own mix. No Garden Burgers, portobello mushroom or marinated tofu.