This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Sorry, John Calipari is the best coach in college basketball — and it's not even close as Final Four looms. The Best Coach In College Basketball doesn't give sanctimonious speeches about the priceless value of a college education. He doesn't give self-serving talks about churning out future lawyers, doctors and public servants. No, John Calipari knows he's developing elite-level basketball players.
2. Dallas devotees go all out for sexy House of DIFFA Masquerade spectacle. The Omni Dallas hotel was hopping as DIFFA fans — many of whom donned masks for the "Masquerade" theme — squeezed into the live auction area in search of cocktails. They air kissed, hugged and, in some cases, offered a friendly little pinch on the derriere. Oh my.
3. Cone O'Brien adds Cone Zone to Final Four week activies in Dallas. The Cone Zone is an Airstream trailer decked out in all things Conan. It arrived in Dallas on March 31, the first night Conan O'Brien taped his show here, and it'll stick around through April 6 at the March Madness Music Festival at Reunion Park.
4. Get a load of Allison and Mike Modano's star-worthy Dallas home. The former Dallas Star and his pro golfer bride, who are expecting twins, tapped Joan Eleazer at Briggs Freeman to list the property at 10453 Epping Ln. for $3.495 million. Allison, who has an eye for interior design, worked with Scott Simmons to turn this house into a Hall of Fame-worthy estate.
5. Josh Henderson gets caught acting on TNT's Dallas. His lips move, but the rest of his face stays stony still. Josh Henderson, the young actor who plays John Ross Ewing, J.R. and Sue Ellen's son, maintains a frozen countenance through every episode of Dallas on cable's TNT. But this week even his hair emoted.