The latest event cancellations in Dallas-Fort Worth due to coronavirus concerns
As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations and postponements are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. In an effort to keep you as up-to-date as possible, we'll compile a list of different announcements every week.
Note: Given the pace at which things are happening during these times, cancellations are coming at a rapid clip. To be sure you're up to speed, you may want to check with the presenting organization or venue regarding the status of any particular event.
- The 1975: The concert featuring the English pop rock group, scheduled for May 2 at Dos Equis Pavilion, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- ABBA the Concert: The music event featuring a tribute band playing ABBA hits, scheduled for May 6 at Annette Strauss Square, has been rescheduled for July 28.
- BTS: The two concerts by the Korean boy band, scheduled for May 9 and 10 at the Cotton Bowl, have been postponed to undetermined dates.
- Cara Mia Theatre Co.: The theater company's production of My Red Hand, My Black Hand, a co-production with Soul Rep Theatre Company scheduled for May 15-31 at Latino Cultural Center, has been canceled.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden: Due to its indefinite closure, the Arboretum has shifted the start of its Cool Thursdays Concert Series, which was to have begun in April, to June 4. Because of the shift, events will now take place on both Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Dallas Chamber Symphony: The music group's Schumann 4 concert, scheduled for May 5 at Moody Performance Hall, has been rescheduled to October 20.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra: The orchestra, which had previously canceled all events through April 29, has now canceled all events through May 24.
- #HearHere: Samin Nosrat: This event featuring the chef/author, scheduled for June 13 at Winspear Opera House, has been rescheduled for September 14.
- The Kessler: The music venue has rescheduled Raul Malo, originally March 13 for August 5; The Polyphonic Spree's Jukebox Jamboree, originally March 14 and 15, for August 21 and 22; and Bob Schneider, originally April 24, for August 7.
- Of Monsters and Men: This concert, scheduled for May 13 at South Side Ballroom, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- REO Speedwagon: This concert, scheduled for May 6 at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Turtle Creek Tour of Homes: The event has been rescheduled from April 26 to October 11.
- USA Film Festival: The annual film festival, scheduled for April 22-26, has been postponed to undetermined dates in May/June.
- Violet Chachki: The appearance of the season 7 winner of Rupaul's Drag Race at House of Blues Dallas on May 11 has been canceled.
- Circle Theatre: The theater company has canceled its production of Something Clean, scheduled for April 23-May 16. The next scheduled production is The Last Wide Open, June 11-July 3.
- Panther Island Pavilion: The multi-purpose venue has rescheduled a number of events, including the Cowtown Cook-Off and Music Festival, originally March 27 and 28, for August 28 and 29; Great Strides, originally May 17, for September 13; Syndicate Smokedown, originally April 25, for October 3; GOTEXAN Wine, Food & Art Festival, originally May 8 and 9, for October 30 and 31; and Water Lantern Festival, originally April 4, for November 7.
- Tarrant Actors Regional Theatre: The theater company has canceled its final production of its 2019-2020 season, Wild Party, scheduled for May 15-31 at Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
- Taste Addison: The food festival, scheduled for May 29-31 at Addison Circle Park, has been postponed to an undetermined date later in the year.
- Theatre Arlington: The theater company has rescheduled its production of Damn Yankees, originally scheduled for March 27-April 19, has been tentatively rescheduled for May 15-June 7. Their production of The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley Jr., scheduled for May 8-24, has been canceled.
- Main Street Fest: The annual festival, originally scheduled for May 15-17, has been rescheduled for June 26-28.
- Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas: The theater company has rescheduled Inherit the Wind, originally March 20-April 4, for a shortened run of September 4-13, and Disaster! The Musical, originally May 8-23, for July 17-August 1. How the Other Half Loves, which was scheduled for July 17-August 1, has been canceled.
- Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival: The annual festival, scheduled for May 15-17 at Galatyn Park, has been canceled.