Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Here are 10 characters from late '80s and early '90s kids' movies that must be scarred for life. Two things. One, Elizabeth Perkins should probably be in jail. Two, Robin Williams was in some insane movies. Insane.
2. The Chive brings us some breathtaking photos of this giant elevator in Switzerland. The Hammetschwand Lift is the tallest outdoor elevator at 501 feet (153 meters), and it takes less than a minute to get to the top. I'm sure that's an amazing ride with an awe-inspiring view, and you can tell me all about it when you get back. I'll be down here holding on to the ground.
3. Kevin Durant and Hasheem Thabeet wear some ridiculous shirts before their playoff game against the Rockets. Durant's shirt doubles as a tablecloth — your argument is invalid.
4. Pajiba lists a few of the most beautiful shows on television. I'm not breaking any new ground by saying this, but we really are in the Golden Age of TV. The cinematic scope of these shows is a testament to the medium and the breadth of what these series have done during their runs. (Warning: There's a tasteful picture of the Mother of Dragon's naked bum within that link.)
5. Man spends $2,600 (otherwise known as his life savings) on a carnival game and comes away with a giant stuffed dreadlocked banana. I'm having a very strong sense of deja vu right now, but I know there's absolutely no way I've written that sentence before.
6. Naki'o is a dog that lost its paws to frostbite, which is all the sadness, but then some kind people gave him prosthetics. That's just the most heartwarming thing you'll see today.