Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas Symphony Orchestra bands together for concert to benefit its struggling members. When the Dallas Symphony Orchestra plays its June 9 concert, it will be personal. The concert will support the recently created Hardship Fund, which helps orchestra and staff members manage unforeseen hardships.
2. Master list of campaign donations for upcoming Dallas election. Dallas will elect a new mayor and new city council on May 4 — an election that has drawn millions of dollars as 60 candidates court voters. Here's our list of candidates with donor highlights.
3. Step inside 5 storied residences on this year's Swiss Avenue Home Tour. One of Dallas' most beloved Mother's Day traditions, the 46th annual Swiss Avenue Historic District Home Tour will open doors to five storied residences over Mother’s Day weekend, May 11-12. Here's a closer look at the homes on the 2019 tour.
4. Bowls are in, taco joints are out in this round of Dallas restaurant news. This roundup of Dallas restaurant news includes lots of openings and new menus, but also a restaurant closing or two. Meanwhile, a major restaurant chain is getting on board with the hot-hot vegan trend. Here's what's happening in Dallas dining right now.
5. These are the 12 best things to do in Dallas this weekend. The first weekend in May around Dallas is almost too full of things to do, with so many festivals and big-time events that it might be impossible to choose. Here are the best ways to spend your free time this weekend.