Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 5 best neighborhoods to buy a forever home in Dallas right now. We consulted some of the top real estate pros in town for their picks on the five best Dallas neighborhoods to buy a forever home in 2018. Spoiler alert: people seem to be returning to classic neighborhoods instead of up-and-coming 'hoods that tempt buyers with low prices and new constructions.
2. High-profile restaurant in Dallas' troubled One Arts Plaza shuts down. There seems to be another one down in downtown Dallas: Proof + Pantry, the once-high-profile restaurant at One Arts Plaza, has closed, reportedly due to a shutout by the landlord.
3. Dallas partygoers unleash their alter egos at titillating DIFFA gala. Among Dallas charitable galas, there is none quite like House of DIFFA. On paper, it appears to follow the formula — cocktail reception, silent auction, seated dinner, live auction — but there’s nothing formulaic about the fashion-fueled spectacle.
4. Estate dubbed ‘White House of Dallas' sells with $11 million price tag. The “White House of Dallas” — a replica of the real White House in Washington, D.C. — has a new owner. The stately 16,041-square-foot mansion at 10777 Strait Lane in Preston Hollow was sold May 7 to an unidentified buyer.
5. 5 top places in DFW to watch the royal wedding if your invitation fell into the pond. In case your invitation to the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle fell into the pond on its way over, here are five top places to toast the bride and groom in Dallas-Fort Worth.