This Week's Hot Headlines
White hot YP party and sad restaurant siesta top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Young professionals take over Uptown’s top patio for white hot summer soiree. The White Party, the annual fundraising fête for Young Friends of Wilkinson Center, once again lured glamorous guests to Saint Ann Restaurant and Bar for a party that radiated fun, philanthropy and South Beach swagger.
2. Downtown Dallas restaurant takes siesta until neighborhood action perks up. Despite a comprehensive remodel, stellar patio and plenitude of positive press, the downtown Dallas branch of Agave Azul has temporarily closed due to lack of business.
3. These Dallas-Fort Worth burgers rank among the best in America for 2015. Few foodstuffs are more hotly debated than the burger. According to the Daily Meal, three of the best in America can be had in Dallas-Fort Worth, at Love Shack, Maple & Motor and Keller’s.
4. New Uptown Dallas steakhouse comes with patio and spacious rooftop lounge. A new steakhouse lacking vowels is coming to Texas from New York City. Called STK, it’s part of a big chain from a company called One Group Hospitality, which intends to open outlets in both Dallas and Austin.
5. Texas farmer grows tobacco to feed overpowering summer addiction. Each night at dusk, white flowers fill the air in Marshall Hinsley’s backyard with a scent so intense that he’s reminded of a candle shop. They’re commonly known as flowering tobacco, and there’s a sort of cult following that grows them for reasons that are clear to anyone who’s ever given them a try.