This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Historic Statler hotel will add 6 restaurants and bars to downtown Dallas mix. Downtown Dallas' iconic Statler Hotel, which is under renovation, will open this fall with a flexible venue space and five new restaurants and bars, headed up by local chef Graham Dodds.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 under-the-radar restaurant debuts. Summer is generally not the time of the year you expect restaurants to open. But summer 2017 in Dallas-Fort Worth is going gangbusters, with so many that it's hard to keep up. Here are 10 restaurants that have quietly, recently opened.
3. Dallas ice cream stand crafts uber-creative flavors at Sylvan Thirty. In the nick of time for summer, Betty Ringer, the ice cream shop at Sylvan Thirty, is about to debut. The shop comes from Stephen Smith, founder of Nib Chocolates, and celebrated its soft opening on July 14.
4. New Dallas brewery taps Deep Ellum as destination for beer tourists. A new Dallas brewery that's in the works has settled on the coolest location ever: a vintage building in Deep Ellum. Westlake Brewing Company will be at 2816 Commerce St., with a targeted opening of late 2017.
5. Upscale new sushi restaurant woos savvy influx of diners in Plano. A new Japanese restaurant called Wa Kubota aims to be both authentic and high-end. Kubota's goal is to introduce traditional Japanese food in an upscale setting, with sushi bar, private room seating, large patio, and cocktail bar.