Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Will someone who likes the '50s please buy this Dallas house for sale? There's a '50s Dallas home for sale near Ferguson Road that's being described as a "fantastic opportunity to update a home on a creek in East Dallas." Here's an idea: How about buying this house and leaving it just as it is?
2. Italian restaurant at Plano's Shops at Legacy to close after 15 years. A longtime Italian restaurant dating back to the '90s is bidding us alla prossima: Nicola's Ristorante Italiano, which has been doing authentic northern Italian food at the Shops at Legacy since 2005, will close at the end of August.
3. Cinemark dollar theater in Plano upgrades with luxurious amenities. Cinemark Movies 10 in Plano, which for the past 25 years has offered residents of Plano and the surrounding area second-run movies at discounted prices, is being transformed into a luxury, first-run theater by its parent corporation.
4. This surprising DFW ZIP code is one of the hottest neighborhoods in the U.S. What may be a well-kept secret isn’t anymore — one of the hottest neighborhoods in the state, no, the entire United States is in Arlington. Seriously.
5. Sophisticated supper club with '60s vibe swings into Uptown Dallas. A new bar from a deeply experienced hospitality team is adding a unique nightlife experience to Uptown Dallas. Called Clover Club, it's a multi-level concept now open at 2404 Cedar Springs Rd., in the space that has housed such bygone entities as Nikkei, Medici, Lift, and Teddy’s Room.