Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. World-famous bakery from France makes Texas debut in downtown Dallas. Dallas' baked goods scene just keeps getting better every day, and the latest arrival is a big one: La Tarte Tropézienne, a French bakery recognized worldwide for a certain cream-filled tart, is opening its first location in Texas.
2. New coffee cafe with Korean street toasts relocates from L.A. to Dallas. A coffee shop that also serves Korean street food is coming to Dallas from Los Angeles. Called the Iota Brew Cafe, it has actually uprooted itself from its former location in the heart of Los Angeles' Koreatown district and is moving to Dallas' culinary melting pot of Carrollton.
3. Here's our master list of every Dallas restaurant opening in fall 2019. Labor Day has come and gone, and now it's time to place our attention where it belongs: on all of the exciting new restaurants opening around Dallas in the fall and beyond. Here's our master list of restaurants coming soon, with opening dates included when they are available.
4. Oprah mounts first tour in 5 years and Dallas is the only Texas stop. Oprah Winfrey is embarking on her first national arena tour in five years, "Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus." The tour will make its only stop in Texas when it comes to American Airlines Center in Dallas on February 15, 2020.
5. Dallas duo leaves corporate life behind to launch mission-minded T-shirt line. Not long after leaving corporate life behind, two friends-turned-business partners realized they shared a desire to make a positive impact in the Dallas-Fort Worth community. They began batting around ideas and GuudWEAR was born.