Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Comedian Louis C.K. explains why cell phones make us sad. Cell phones: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Well, Louis C.K. begs to differ. On a recent episode of Conan, the clever comedian shares his cell phone philosophy and why he won't let his daughters have one. As Gawker points out, Louis C.K.'s logic is reminiscent of his first viral sensation "everything's amazing and nobody's happy."
2. Twenty reasons college football is just better in the South. This article in USA Today reports what those fortunate enough to be Texans already know. Football is better in the South. It just is.
3. Awkward family photos: Pet edition. If there's one thing Americans love to photograph as much as their children, it's their pets. And as Buzzfeed found out, that obsession makes for some very awkward photos. Why anyone would you ever straddle a bulldog — or pose naked with a cat — is beyond comprehension. But it definitely happened.
4. Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini pulls epic prank on team. Coach Pelini has been under fire lately for some pretty salty language directed at fans. However this video shows Pelini has a penchant for pranks as well as profanity.
5. Generation Y's life expectations in 15 drawings. It's hard out there for the twentysomethings. Our Baby Boomer parents promised us the world; instead we are largely unemployed and unhappy. Through stick figures, charts and graphs, Huffington Post explains why.