This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Two Dallas suburbs rank among top 50 places to live, new survey says. Flower Mound and Frisco, two fast-growing suburbs of Dallas, are among the country’s top 50 places to live, a new ranking shows.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best restaurants for October. For this chapter of Where to Eat, our monthly series telling you where it's hot to eat right now, there are new restaurants, new locations, and new menus, whether you want to try someplace you've never been or revisit a favorite restaurant that's putting something fresh on the table.
3. New European boutique hotel restores historical building in downtown Dallas. Downtown Dallas has a new hotel property that's like two hotels in one. The dual-branded concept combines The AC Hotel by Marriott and Residence Inn Marriott and is located within the historic Mercantile Commerce building at 1712 Commerce St., which has been vacant for the last 25 years.
4. Al Biernat steakhouse reveals fab redo of new North Dallas location. The date has arrived for the great steakhouse opening in the north: On October 18, Dallas restaurateur Al Biernat will open Al Biernat's North, at 5251 Spring Valley Rd., east of the Dallas Tollway and north of the Galleria, a second branch of his legendary steakhouse on Oak Lawn Avenue.
5. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 8 must-hit stores for October. It's a busy, busy month for the shoppers of Dallas. And whether you are interested in popping into new stores, exploring one-day shopping events, or maybe a little bit of both, your cup of options runneth over.