This Week's Hot Headlines
Mysterious missing woman case and critic controversy lead 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Disturbing new details emerge about man last seen with Christina Morris. A search warrant affidavit states the last man seen with Christina Morris lied to police, scrubbed his car clean and had visible injuries in the days after the young woman's mysterious disappearance. Enrique Arochi, 24, has not been charged with a crime or even officially named as a suspect in her disappearance. He has repeatedly said he is innocent.
2. Restaurateurs convene to change broken Dallas Morning News review system. In the wake of a now-notorious critic dinner at Proof + Pantry, a group of local restaurateurs has banded together to try and effect change in the Dallas Morning News' restaurant review policies. More than 30 restaurant staffers, including owners and chefs, gathered on November 3 to discuss strategies and form a plan.
3. Ritz-Carlton massage therapist accused of sexually assaulting Dallas client. A woman who regularly received massages at the Ritz-Carlton Spa in Dallas is accusing her massage therapist of sexual assault. Roderic Henderson, 37, was arrested May 2. The alleged victim is now considering a Dallas County civil suit against the luxury hotel chain.
4. Design District coffeehouse Ascension will soon perk up Uptown. Coffeehouse and wine bar Ascension has some expansion plans brewing, with a second branch slated to open at the Crescent in spring 2015. Ascension will take a 2,900-square-foot space next to the Bank of America offices at the 200 lobby fronting the motor court.
5. New lunch spots rule this rendition of Dallas restaurant news. In this wrap-up of restaurant news, lunch is big. Lots of places have decided to open for lunch. There are also the usual openings and closings, but if it's noontime and you're hungry, you've come to the right story.