This Week's Hot Headlines
New downtown grocery store bags top spot among Dallas' most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Downtown Dallas finally scores the grocery store it has long craved. Downtown Dallas finally nets the grocery store it has long craved, and it's a humdinger: Austin-based Royal Blue Grocery will open not one but two stores, both inside the Central Business District.
2. Shop for everyone on your list at the CultureMap Dallas Holiday Pop-up Event. If your holiday gifting spreadsheet looks like ours, you still have some blank spaces next to loved ones' names — your stylish sister-in-law, your pre-teen niece, even your cuddly new puppy. You can shop for everyone on your list (including yourself) at the CultureMap Holiday Pop-up Shop on December 3.
3. Most extraordinary food hall on the planet premieres in Plano. Load the confetti cannon. After a few false starts, Plano's food hall, Legacy Hall, is committing to an opening date. The European-style food hall, brewery, and live music/entertainment venue opens its doors at 7800 Windrose Ave., in Plano's Legacy West development, on December 6.
4. Dallas millennials stand up for STEM at high-energy museum bash. What do you get when you open up a multistory museum to 1,500 millennials after dark? One heck of a high-energy party. The second annual Dallas Millennial Gala, benefiting Millennials for STEM, took place at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science downtown.
5. All the best Dallas-Fort Worth holiday events to make the season merry and bright. During the holidays, event organizers pull out all the stops to entertain families, making Dallas-Fort Worth one big smorgasbord of holiday cheer. There is no shortage of events to inspire wonder in the young and young at heart, including theater, music, shopping, and light displays, with many of the best listed here.