This Week's Hot Headlines
New Central Market stores rule this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Central Market spills the beans on new Dallas locations. This week it was confirmed that Dallas would get two more branches of upscale supermarket Central Market. One will open at McKinney and Lemmon avenues in Uptown; the other will open at Midway Road and Northwest Highway, in the Bluffview neighborhood.
2. Dallas proposal endangers our favorite restaurant feature: patios. An ordinance being considered by the City of Dallas poses a threat to restaurants with that all-important feature: the patio. The ordinance, an amendment that originated with the city's Quality of Life committee, proposes that businesses with open or outside seating areas be required to have additional parking.
3. The best Dallas neighborhoods to buy a home right now. Although buzzy boroughs like Lakewood Heights and Midway Hollow seem to get all the press, there are surrounding areas offering similar feels for a whole lot less. These are the five neighborhoods where you can still score a deal in Dallas' red hot real estate market.
4. Feisty neighborhood group wins hearing over Sam's Club at Cityplace Dallas. The Sam's Club that was planned for Cityplace in Dallas got a kick in the knees this past week when a judge found that the neighbors did not receive proper notice.
5. New cafe makes it possible to eat tacos and play video games all day. A new PC cafe called Java Gaming Cafe has opened in Carrollton with a unique proposition: You can eat tacos, drink bubble tea, and play video games, all in one convenient location.