Paul McCartney will make one very special stop in Texas on a spring 2019 tour to promote his newest album.
Called The Freshen Up Tour, it's an extremely limited-run engagement with only 10 stops — including a June 14, 2019 date at Globe Life Park in Arlington.
To clarify, the concert will be at Globe Life Park, where Texas Rangers games currently take place — not Globe Life Field, the new ballpark being built across the parking lot, expected to open in spring of 2020.
While Globe Life Park has hosted smaller, post-game events, this is the first major concert to take place at the ballpark.
Sean Decker, Texas Rangers SVP of Operations and Events, says in a release that they're ecstatic to host "Sir Paul."
"This will be a historic event that fans will remember for years to come as the venue approaches its final season as a Major League Baseball park," Decker says.
The tour follows the release of McCartney's new album, Egypt Station, released on September 7. Fans can expect a nearly three-hour-long show featuring dozens of songs from McCartney's solo career, time with Wings, and the Beatles catalog.
This is the only confirmed stop in Texas.
The former Beatle last played in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in 2014 at American Airlines Center. Previously, he played at AT&T Stadium in 2009. He appears to be on a once-every-five-years timeline.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, December 13 at 10 am. American Express Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public, December 10-12.
The full tour is here:
- May 23 - New Orleans, LA - Smoothie King Arena
- May 27 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
- May 30 - Greenville, SC - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
- June 1 - Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena
- June 3 - Fort Wayne, IN - Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- June 6 - Madison, WI - Kohl Center
- June 8 - Green Bay WI - Lambeau Field
- June 11 - Moline, IL - TaxSlayer Center
- June 14 - Arlington TX - Globe Life Park
- June 26 - Phoenix, AZ - Talking Stick Resort Arena
The Freshen Up tour began in September. The Arlington date is the newest addition to the spring leg, along with Lambeau Field in Wisconsin, home to the Green Bay Packers football team.