Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Texas billionaire gives $100,000 holiday bonus to every employee. Is Jeffrey Hildebrand the best boss ever? The Houston billionaire who owns Hilcorp, the largest privately held oil company in the United States, recently gave each of his 1,381 employees a $100,000 holiday bonus.
2. City of Dallas releases rules and regulations for open carry laws. In anticipation of new laws in Texas regarding the display of handguns, the City of Dallas has released a video and website outlining rules and regulations. Starting January 1, 2016, Texans will be able to legally carry their handguns openly anywhere they could carry concealed, in accordance with House Bill 910.
3. Best Dallas-area neighborhoods for spectacular holiday light displays. It's the season to be delighted, and you're in the right place, as Dallas has been named one of the top 25 cities to see holiday lights. Real estate website Redfin released the cheerful list, which features the five best neighborhoods in the Dallas area for sensational light displays, as determined by local real estate agents.
4. Pizza food truck finds true love with dynamite location in Dallas' West End. Food truck dreams come true when Tutta's Pizza makes the big step from mobile dining to a real-live restaurant, in Dallas' upwardly trending West End.
5. Dallas real estate developer vies for love on new season of The Bachelor. Break out the popcorn: ABC has announced the lineup of single ladies competing for the heart of bachelor Ben Higgins, when the hit reality show returns January 4, 2016. This season has a Texas bent, with four contestants hailing from the Lone Star State.