read all about it
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Sexual abuse allegations surface at University Park United Methodist Church. James Ackley, a 25-year-old youth volunteer, has been charged with sexual abuse of a child and online solicitation of a minor. At the time of his arrest, Ackley was also a volunteer at Bishop Lynch High School. He is accused of having a sexual relationship with a minor and sending explicit text messages and photos.
2. Chic socialites and badass beauties come together for Hotel ZaZa 10th anniversary blowout. Fabulous doesn’t even begin to describe the Hotel ZaZa 10th anniversary party. And we aren’t just talking about the oodles of bejeweled and begowned beauties. But did we really expect anything less from the city’s sexiest Uptown address?
3. The 10 most-anticipated spring events on the Dallas social scene. The sun has emerged from behind the clouds, and spring is just around the corner. That means the Dallas social set is back in philanthropic action. We are marking our calendars, sending in our reply cards and readying our wallets for charitable donations for events such as Saint Valentines Day Luncheon, Junior League Ball and Mad Hatter's Tea.
4. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 10 must-hit stores for January. Arteriors, Factory Girl, Joe's Jeans and Michael Kors all made the cut. Want to see the full list? Good thing it's just a click away.
5. Dallas power couple Cindy and Howard Rachofsky sell haute Preston Hollow contemporary. As Candy Evans reports, Claire Dewar at Briggs Freeman has landed herself a hot one. On Tuesday, she listed the Preston Hollow family home of Dallas art collectors and philanthropists Cindy and Howard Rachofsky.