This week's hot headlines
New Frisco BBQ joint sizzles in this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Passionate pitmaster opens new Frisco barbecue restaurant Earnest B's BBQ. The world’s greatest ribs are now smoked and served in downtown Frisco — at least, according to Earnest B. Morgan. Morgan is the enthusiastic owner of Earnest B's BBQ, which celebrated its grand opening in the popular Sports Village Plaza near Toyota Stadium, at 6065 Sports Village Rd. on October 24.
2. Dallas tumbles 26 spots in prestigious new list of world's 100 best cities. Big economic investments and population growth are definitive highlights of Dallas' success over the last year, but they weren't enough to keep it within the top 50 best cities in the world, according to a new prestigious report.
3. California's Fatburger debuts Dallas-area location with new pizza twist. California's popular Fatburger chain has opened a new restaurant in the Dallas area that's a twist from the rest: It's a Fatburger that's co-branded with Round Table Pizza. The location is now open in Bartonville, almost to Denton, at 3701 FM 407 #600.
4. Dallas-area Central Market stores add trendy new item: mushroom bacon. A buzzy slice of bacon has arrived in Dallas, and it's being sold at Central Market: It's a plant-based bacon from Meat the Mushroom, a Baltimore startup making waves with this innovative creation.
5. Veterans Day 2023 deals in Dallas that honor military service members. Restaurants and other venues around Dallas-Fort Worth really step it up on Veterans Day to make sure that those who have served know how appreciated they are. Here are all of the Veterans Day deals local restaurants, bars, and other vendors are offering on November 11, 2023 (and in some cases, even longer than November 11).